20th march, 2017
prep cook / cold kitchen
routine kitchen tasks such as setting up work stations and ingredients, also known as “mis en place”. very active position and need to have good communication skills and good at following instructions & health and safety rules as well. manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils. patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure.
main duties andand responsibilities
- follow prep list created by chefs
- prepare Mis en Place
- label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized & accessible
- measure ingredients & seasonings to be used in cooking
- prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting met, etc.
- undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food, etc.
- comply with nutritional and sanitation guidelines
- prepare simple dishes such as salads, desserts
- ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- perform other kitchen duties as assigned